I got to chat with Dana Kaye of Kaye Publicity about her book Your Book, Your Brand: The Step-By-Step Guide to Launching Your Book and Boosting Your Sales. We discuss how to create an effective brand, how to reach out to media contacts, and when people should do their own publicity vs. when they should hire a publicist.
Hi! I’m Nicole.
My debut novel, The Biographies of Ordinary People: Volume 1: 1989–2000, published in May 2017; The Biographies of Ordinary People: Volume 2: 2004–2016 followed in May 2018. The two books are a Millennial-era Little Women that follow three sisters from childhood to adulthood.
If I link to a book in a blog post, it’s an IndieBound affiliate link. Support indie bookstores!
Subscribe via Email
- On the Ticking Clock (and How It Affects Our Best Work)
- Problems Have Solutions (h/t Seth Godin)
- Your Choices Limit Your Choices (and That's a Good Thing)
- On Real-World Worldbuilding: THE CALL TO ADVENTURE
- When Life Gets in the Way
- How I Made the Time to Write This Daily Post
- THE LIFE Takes Work
- On Becoming