I got to chat with Dana Kaye of Kaye Publicity about her book Your Book, Your Brand: The Step-By-Step Guide to Launching Your Book and Boosting Your Sales. We discuss how to create an effective brand, how to reach out to media contacts, and when people should do their own publicity vs. when they should hire a publicist.
Hi! I’m Nicole.
I’ve been a full-time freelance writer since 2012. My work regularly appears on Lifehacker, Bankrate, Haven Life, and numerous other sites. I spent five years as a writer and editor for The Billfold, a personal finance blog where people had honest conversations about money.
My debut novel, The Biographies of Ordinary People: Volume 1: 1989–2000, published in May 2017; The Biographies of Ordinary People: Volume 2: 2004–2016 followed in May 2018. The two books are a Millennial-era Little Women that follow three sisters from childhood to adulthood.
If I link to a book in a blog post, it’s an IndieBound affiliate link. Support indie bookstores!
Subscribe via Email
- Book Review: On the Clock: What Low‑Wage Work Did to Me and How It Drives America Insane by Emily Guendelsberger
- How to Work Creatively on Family Trips and Vacations
- Check Out Vox's New Series, Money Talks
- Book Review: Quit Like a Millionaire by Kristy Shen and Bryce Leung
- Thoughts From the Progress Iowa Corn Feed
- A Fresh Haircut Open Thread
- June and July Financial Update
- Everything You Need to Know About My Investments