Remember how I have a podcast? It is BACK from SUMMER HIATUS, and if you’re like “um, summer ended ten days ago,” listen to the new episode, it explains why I’m a little late.
Hi! I’m Nicole.
I’ve been a full-time freelance writer since 2012. My work regularly appears on Lifehacker, Bankrate, The Write Life, and numerous other sites. I spent five years as a writer and editor for The Billfold, a personal finance blog where people had honest conversations about money.
My debut novel, The Biographies of Ordinary People: Volume 1: 1989–2000, published in May 2017; The Biographies of Ordinary People: Volume 2: 2004–2016 followed in May 2018. The two books are a Millennial-era Little Women that follow three sisters from childhood to adulthood.
If I link to a book in a blog post, it’s an IndieBound affiliate link. Support indie bookstores!
Subscribe via Email
- The Morning After
- The Art and the Finances of a Creative Career
- On Shutting Down The Billfold
- Dana Sitar on Making Sure Your Creative Work Fulfills a Real Person's Needs
- On Being Vulnerable Online
- Pitch Me
- On Cli-Fi and Barbara Kingsolver's 'Flight Behavior'
- How to Earn Money From Your Creative Work: Part 3 (Getting Your Work In Front of People)
- THE LIFE Takes Work